Auctioneer and Appraisal Services
ONLINE TIMED AUCTION
SEPT 25 – OCT 1ST
Collection of guitars, banjos, ukuleles & drums, amplifiers, 100 paintings, watercolours & prints, collection of militaria
BIDDING OPENS: SEPTEMBER 25TH 8 AM EST
BIDDING CLOSES: OCTOBER 1ST 6 PM EST (7 PM NOVA SCOTIA TIME)
WITH A STAGGERED SOFT CLOSE
MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS ONLY
Saturday & Sunday, September 26th & 27th
10 am – 5 pm
2354 Rocky Lake Drive, Waverley – Watch for Signs
Due to scheduling conflicts, we’re unable to include works of art & militaria in the live preview.
Next online auction – October 30th including fine art, Inuit carvings & prints, estate diamond & antique jewellery & watches.
Online auction – November including collection of Moorcroft Pottery & Nova Scotia glass, Belleek china, 100 lots of paintings and watercolours.
Accepting consignments for upcoming online auctions – fine art, jewellery, wristwatches, coins, sterling silver, decorative objects.
How to Register to Bid
- Find the current auction on our website crowther-brayley.com homepage
- Click on the “View Auction & Bid” button
- Select “Register to Bid” at centre of black bar at bottom on the same line as “View Catologue” (see image below)
- Note: The top green bar has a “Login/New Bidder” option. Using this option registers you as a new bidder on HiBid but does not register you to bid at the Crowther & Brayley Chester 2020 Auction.
- Enter your email address
- Confirm the email address entered
- Complete the registration form including “nickname”
- Choose your username and password
- Check the box if you wish to hide your username from public
- Check the box if you wish to receive email notifications from HiBid
- You will receive email confirmation of your registration to bid at Crowther & Brayley’s Chester auction
If you are unable to bid on line, we are accepting absentee bids which we will execute on your behalf. Contact us – 902-860-0111 or email@example.com
EMAIL SIGN UP
Join our email list to receive notifications of upcoming sales and other information.
F.H Varley 12×14.5
Crowther & Brayley Ltd. has been in business now for over 30 years. Below are some of the highlights of those years.
- First auction house in Nova Scotia to sell a work of art for over $100,000, not once, but three times.
- First auction house in Nova Scotia to advertise nationally including the Globe and Mail, the Montreal Gazette, etc.
- First auction house in Nova Scotia to advertise internationally including the Antiques Trade Gazette, London published weekly, Arts & The Antiques Weekly, USA
- Roger Crowther & Bill Brayley appeared as appraisers on the CBC TV produced program The Antiques Roadshow
- Other highlights include top prices
- $27,000 for Dusan Kadlec, Yarmouth Harbour
- $24,000 for Maud Lewis, Digby Pines, 9 x 11”
- $27,000 for Maud Lewis, Oxen Team Ploughing
- Group of Seven – $75,000 – A. J. Casson
- $60,000 – Frederick Horsman Varley
- Russian silver miniature ciborium, c.1760 – $37,000
- Mosque lamp, $8,700
- Irish Bog, oil on canvas by Paul Henry – $70,000
- Tortoiseshell and pewter inlaid European cabinet – $27,500
- “Playing at the Beach” by Jan Zoetelief Tromp, oil on canvas – $85,000
- Serape oriental carpet, 10 x 14” – $12,000
- Fisherman in a Dory by Jack Gray $42,000